In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Tuesday 14 February 2012

A bit of a walk, a bit of a run. Repeat until done (in)

Apologies for the recent lack of posts - work has been rather busy, I've been focusing on my management project in the evenings, and at the end of the night it's come down to writing a blog or getting 5 minutes extra sleep. The sleep option won every time!
I've also been organising my fundraising evening - 13th March if you're free! - and I'm really excited about it already.
Today was my day off, and I headed out early for a four mile run.
My asthma is still causing a few issues so today I went back to a one minute walk/one minute run strategy. Overall my time was almost the same but I was a lot less wheezy by the end.
It was a nice morning to be out. The temperature was well above freezing for the first time in a while, and it was quiet as all the children are on half term holidays.
All in all, it was a very enjoyable run today.
I'd like to say that I got back to find an enormous bouquet of valentine roses on the doorstep, but instead just found the cat shouting to be let in and fed.
At least I knew I was at the right house.

No comments:

Post a Comment