In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Keep calm and run faster

Ok...I'm trying not to panic. After all, there are still just over ten weeks to go...
Frustratingly, my sore throat/cough/cold returned and I missed my long run at the weekend.
And then it snowed.
And then the snow melted a bit.
And then the snow that was left froze.
And that left everywhere icy.
And that doesn't make for safe running.
Back to the plan today, but rather than heading out onto the frozen pavements I hopped onto the treadmill. This was very kindly loaned to me at the start of the winter and it was great to be able to do some running this morning without having to be out in the cold.
I did a gentle half an hour run on there, but as soon as I got off I could feel that my calf muscles were tight, and they haven't eased at all despite much stretching.
I obviously run quite differently on the treadmill compared to outdoor running, so as nice as it was not to have to get cold today I think my next run will have to be outside again.
Unless we get more snow.
Or my cold comes back.
...
Is it summer yet...?

No comments:

Post a Comment