In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Thursday 16 February 2012

Turning a corner

Today has been a good day.
A really good day.
When I went out at 6.30 this morning for my run it was already getting light.
I did a two and a half mile tempo run, and at times was running at an 8 minute mile pace. How wonderful it must be to be able to do that for an entire marathon!
By the time I got home it was fully light. Suddenly the dark winter mornings seem to be behind us.
It was a productive day at work, and I even managed to finish my Project Initiation Document at lunch time and submitted it for approval, which is a big weight off my mind.
Tomorrow is a day off from training ready for my long run on Saturday, so I get an extra hour in bed in the morning. Luxury!
So - a good day all round.
66 days to go.
How exciting!
Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment