In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Ugh...white stuff

There's been a direct correlation between lack of blogs and lack of health over the past week. A sore throat, cough and cold mean that I missed one short 3 mile run and one longer 5-6 mile run.
With a day off today, and feeling slightly better, I decided I'd head out for a steady three miles and see how I got on.
Unfortunately for me (although not, it seems, for the girls who were delighted) it had snowed a bit over night and was coming down consistently this morning.
I loathe snow. Under normal circumstances I'd have made my excuses and gone back to bed with a cup of tea, some chocolate and a good book, but with less than 12 weeks until the marathon that really wasn't a possibility.
I waited for a lull in the flakes and headed out at a very slow and steady pace. The roads were very slippery where the snow had been compressed, but the pavements weren't too bad.
The first mile and a half seemed relatively easy, but not long after that I could feel my chest tightening a bit as the wheezing kicked in. I slowed down even more, but decided to call it a day at two miles. Disappointing, but at least I got out there.
On an exciting note, I've got a date booked for my Pampered Chef fundraiser - 13th March - so hope all my friends will keep the date free and come along and support me.
So...the germs are on the decline, the training schedule is back on track and the fundraising is planned. Time to put the kettle on and find my book for a guilt free hour of relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment