In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Fundraising fun

Yesterday was my Pampered Chef fundraiser.
The Muscular Dystrophy team had sent me lots of balloons and bits and pieces, so I called into 'Special Times' in Rubery to get the balloons blown up with helium. The lovely ladies in there filled them for free, so many thanks to them!
I headed back home to make a Victoria sandwich cake as a raffle prize, and got all the ingredients ready for the recipes that would be demonstrated during the evening.
The fundraiser was being held in the library where I work, so we headed over there at 5pm to get everything set up ready for when friends and relatives arrived.
Jen - the Pampered Chef consultant - demonstrated quesadilla cups as a savoury and black forest gateaux as a sweet, and we all got to try the recipes. Yummy!
The evening passed really quickly (so fast, in fact, that I forgot to take any photos for the blog - sorry!) and I'm pleased and excited to announce that we raised £160.
Thanks to all my friends for coming and making the evening so enjoyable. It wouldn't have been the same without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment