In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Saturday 3 March 2012

A very creative day

I've been a bit of a poorly bunny, so haven't been out running for nearly two weeks.
I'm cross at being ill, frustrated at not being able to train and am very conscious of the countdown clock to the big day ticking ever louder in my ear.
I'm trying to keep positive.
I'm definitely getting better each day, and did a fast walk today - not too far, but at least it's a start.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll manage a run.
My final training schedule is out of the window so I'm rewriting the time that I've got left.
I should still be able to fit in 16-18 miles for my longest training run, and know I got round on that last year, so I'm taking heart at that.
The big positive is that I did some fundraising today in the form of teaching Creative Writing to friends.
I lured them in with the promise of tea and cake, and then fleeced them for all their hard earned pennies.
We did lots of writing exercises based on thinking creatively, making characters and settings, and looked at point of view too. I think they'll have writers cramp for a week, but I certainly enjoyed the morning, and I hope they did too.
Now I'm on the countdown to my Pampered Chef fundraising evening in just over a week.
Anyone free on Tuesday 13th?

No comments:

Post a Comment