In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Monday 19 March 2012

Normal nattering will resume shortly...

Towards the end of last week I lost my voice. Quite a result for the family as I've not been able to do any nagging, but a bit of an issue for me - especially as the loss of voice has been accompanied by a temperature, cough and general feeling of illness.
I bravely soldiered on without any complaining...well...ok...I complained a bit...but finally gave in and went to the doctors this morning.
He confirmed what I thought - I have laryngitis, but unfortunately I also have a chest infection too. That'll be why I'm a bit wheezy!
I was sent away clutching a prescription for some high dose penicillin and instructions to drink plenty of water and increase my inhaler dose for the next week or so.
I'm hopeful that the tablets will pick me up over the next 48 hours and that I'll get my voice back soon.
Hubby and children...make the most of the peace...it's not going to last for much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment