In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Hoorah!

After a seemingly endless time of feeling below par, I think I'm finally on the mend.
I can breathe without a the aid of a hanky drenched in olbas oil, and can finally afford to be more than three foot from a box of tissues.
Apologies to my family and work colleagues for all my whingeing and moaning; I'm not a very patient patient!
Hoorah too that I managed to get out for a run today.
It's a stunning morning, with blue skies, sunshine and gardens filled with spring bulbs in all their glory.
It's my day off today, so I waited for the sun to warm the air a bit before heading out. I took it slowly, and after a mile of my lungs feeling like they were on fire I settled into a rhythm and the rest of the run passed relatively easily.
I did just under four miles, which was slightly more than my planned three, but it was just too nice to head home too soon!
I felt quite wheezy while stretching after, but still didn't have to use my inhaler, so it's all good (especially as a week ago I could hardly get up the stairs without wheezing!).
There's just a week to go now to my fundraising evening, so it's getting really exciting. I chatted to Jen yesterday - the Pampered Chef consultant who is running the party - and we've decided on the recipes that she'll demonstrate. There'll be a savoury and a sweet, but if you want to know more you'll just have to come along on the evening!
Don't forget...if you can't make it next Tuesday evening but want to help me raise funds just go to www.justgiving.com/jas-on-the-run-again
Every penny counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment