In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Thursday 15 December 2011

Calorie free cake (almost)


I went out for a meal with my work team last night. We had a lot of laughs, and a lot of very tasty food.
During the evening one of my team was telling me that she reads all my blog posts to her Dad. He used to live locally, so recognises the descriptions of the routes I run. So, hello to Mr Williams! Thank you for keeping up with my blog, and thank you for appreciating just how big some of the hills are round here!
I digress. Back to the meal. I'd like to say my willpower was such that I declined pudding, but alas no. I promised I'd go for an extra long run this morning to make up for it, but immediately regretted it when we left the restaurant to find a thick layer of ice on the cars, and very slippery pavements.
Fortunately the rain during the night lifted the temperature enough to melt the ice, so although it was a cold run there was no slipping and sliding around.
In the end I didn't go further than planned (just under 2 miles), but kept a good pace and must surely have burned off at least half of the calories in the cake. (The other half of the calories in the cake and those in the fudge sauce will have to wait until my long run on Saturday.)
And finally today I can't go without sharing a chicken update: I think while I've been out someone has swapped one of the chickens for an ostrich. Their eggs usually weigh 60-68g (not that I'm a bit obsessive about these things) but one of the eggs I collected today weighed in at an impressive 82g. There'll be fighting over who gets that one, but I stick by the very adult method of deciding; finders keepers!

No comments:

Post a Comment