In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Stay away from the fridge

I'm pleased and relieved that the twinges I felt on Saturday's long run have turned out to be nothing, and I've been training as normal this week. I have got a very achy back - not sure what I've done to get that - but ibuprofen seems to be keeping it at bay.
Yesterday I did a mile and a half run and this morning I did two miles. I've been heading out at 6.30am, and seem to have picked the best part of the day weather-wise. Yesterday it got windier as the day went on and rained quite heavily at times, and it started raining almost as soon as I got home today. It's been cold while I've been out, but at least I haven't got wet.
I'd like to say I've spent my days warming up, but we're having more work done in the front room - yesterday was new skirting boards and today is a new window, so I'm shivering away while trying to write my second CMI assignment.
The colder I feel, the more I'm eating (or is the cold just an excuse?!). I edged onto the scales this morning and jumped off again quickly. Maybe they need new batteries? The reading certainly doesn't seem as low as it should! So...I'll try to be good.
Except I'm going out for a meal with my team tonight, and customers have been bringing us boxes of biscuits and chocolates at work, and I'm on my course tomorrow and might need to have a bacon sandwich at lunch time...
Maybe being good can wait until January!

No comments:

Post a Comment