In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Don't go shopping in lycra

Day off today, but no time for rest.

After Sunday's battery error and shorter-than-planned run, I decided I should make up for the lost mile and go further today.

I've got used to heading out onto a sparkly carpet of ice and the early morning felt slightly less magical with only muddy puddles to reflect the moonlight.
I took a route that I've often taken before, but in the opposite direction. What is usually a nice downhill towards the end of the run became a serious uphill slog minutes after setting out.

As I passed a bus stop I was hailed with a shout of 'No need to run, love, the bus will be along in a minute.' Thumbs up to him for making me laugh on a cold dark morning.

I headed back through the village and could see the butchers getting ready for the day. Without stopping to think, I popped my head round the door and asked if they could bone and roll some lamb for me to pick up at lunch time. It's funny how my green woolly hat/pink jacket/lycra leggings combination that I convince myself no-one can see in the dark mornings was suddenly in the spotlight in the butchers doorway. I mumbled my thanks to them and made a hasty exit.

Note to self - buy a new running hat and don't combine shopping with running.

Anyhow - back home for just after 7am and on with the day...shopping, cleaning, washing and more work on my 'Shareholders' assignment. Any offers of help gratefully appreciated - especially with the assignment!

No comments:

Post a Comment