In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Thursday 1 December 2011

I say, I say, I say

Have you ever found that armchair critics are the most prolific at offering advice?
Hubby has helpfully pointed out that, while my blogs are informative, they could do with a few extra jokes inserted in them. (I'm guessing he was coming to this conclusion while snug and warm in bed when I was out running alone in the cold, dark mornings.)
Anyway, not one to shirk advice, here goes with a little light humour...

How do crazy runners get through a forest?
They take the psycho-path

Two hikers on a trail come around a bend to find an enormous brown bear about 50 metres up the trail. The bear spies them and begins running toward them at a full gallop. One hiker drops his backpack, sits down, throws off his boots, and starts lacing up a pair of running shoes. The other hiker says: “What are you doing? You will never outrun that bear!”. The first hiker replies: “I don’t have to outrun the bear …”

And finally, this one's for oldest daughter...

A blonde goes out for a run. She comes to a river and cannot see a bridge anywhere nearby. She spots another blonde on the opposite bank. "Yoohoo!" she shouts, "How can I get to the other side?" The second blonde looks up the river then down the river then shouts back, "You're already on the other side!"

So, hopefully that's fulfilled my joke quota for a while.

For those of you who read my blog to keep up with my training, I ran two miles this morning at a pace of 5mph.

Normal blog entries will resume tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment