In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Wednesday 7 December 2011

(Don't) let it snow

There had been a fair bit of rain on Sunday night which froze as the temperature dropped, meaning that by Monday morning the pavements were treacherous. This made my run more like an ice skating session as I slid all over the place.
At one point - where the path went down hill and turned a corner - it was only a well place lamp post that kept me upright. It's ok...no-one saw.
What should have been a tempo run turned into a take-it-easy-and-don't-lose-your-balance run, but I still managed my 2 miles.
It was considerably warmer this morning when I went out - a tropical 2 degrees! - and there wasn't any ice around. This meant that I could get on with my tempo run - and it went really well. I just did 2 miles again, but was pleased with my times.
There's a lot of talk in the media about snow on the way, and I'm really hopeful that the forecasters have got their sums wrong. I hate snow. I hate going out in snow. I've never even tried running in snow. A very kind friend has let me borrow her treadmill for the winter months, so at least I have a plan B if the dreaded white stuff does arrive.
There is some great news today...Muscular Dystrophy sent it's marathon team details of 'The Big Give', where money donated to charities is matched, and these matched donations can count towards our fundraising total. A couple of donations today have really helped boost my total. It's only running until Friday, and the doubled donations are limited so you need to get online around 10am when the website opens, but is a fantastic initiative.
The direct link to the Muscular Dystrophy page is http://new.thebiggive.org.uk/charity/view/3377?search=47d2745f-c266-4978-8d95-f0191d2d85a9
You get a reference number when you donate...just let me know what it is and the donation can be linked to my fundraising.
Go on...you know you want to...and it's all in a good cause :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment