In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Saturday 31 December 2011

A week of two halves

This week has been really good and really hard at the same time. Good because there have been more days off than normal because of Bank holidays. Good because it was my birthday, and I was spoilt for a day. Hard because I was really not well on Wednesday but had to work from 8.30am-7pm, and all I really wanted to do was curl up and sleep. Hard because yesterday was my first run since Sunday, and it was like running through treacle.
I like to run in the mornings because my exercise is done for the day, but this week I've been out of my routine and not feeling well, and the combination of the two has left me out of sorts.


I was dreading going out this morning simply because yesterdays run was so unenjoyable, but up and out I went, and I'm really glad I did. There was a light drizzle in the air which kept me cool, and I ran hard for three and a half miles and came home feeling so much better.


I can't afford to ease off now - the marathon is only sixteen weeks away, and I need to focus my energy, forget the bad training sessions, take motivation from the good training sessions and carry on.


Oh, and there's the small matter of fundraising, which is, after all why I'm doing all this.


Please, please, take a moment now and donate by text. Text Jass73 followed by £1/£2/£3 or £5 to 70070


All the money you donate goes directly to the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign to help them continue their good work supporting families, and their research into this awful disease.


Thank you - your support really does mean a lot to me xx

No comments:

Post a Comment