In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Scary scales


It is seriously windy, although listening to the weather report on the radio the Midlands seem to be escaping lightly.

Hubby went back to work today after the bank holiday, but I'm not back in until tomorrow. A lazy morning in bed was tempting, but I knew I'd make excuses not to go out later so I was up and out before hubby left for work.

As mentioned, it is really windy. Add to that a rather generous downpour and it should have been a miserable outing, but I was a girl on a mission. I'm not just getting marathon fit now - I'm shaping up.

I don't get on the scales often, but yesterday I did. Big mistake. Big numbers. I've managed to put on half a stone in the last two months. Oops. Time to step away from the chocolate and embrace the salad. (The trouble is there are odds and ends of cake, chocolate and crisps in every kitchen cupboard, so I might just have to work my way through that lot before I start being really good!)

This morning my run was a fast-paced-get-into-shape-sprint out towards Whettylane Bridge, back through the village, then a bit of a meander to top up the distance before heading home. My garmin tells me I burned 236 calories. It's a start.

Now...where did I put that chocolate...?

No comments:

Post a Comment