In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Back to early mornings

I won't know for sure about my Gold Bond place for another couple of weeks (I'll tell you more about that when I can), but I've started my training programme anyway.
Those of you who know me will confirm that I'm not a morning person, and getting out of bed at silly o'clock to go for a run was by far the hardest part of training last time round. So, at silly o'clock this morning, it was with a heavy heart that I dragged myself out of my warm bed, donned my running kit and Garmin watch and tumbled out onto the pavement.
Having been dogged by injury during the run up to the 2011 marathon I'm determined to take it easy, so did just over a mile this morning followed by plenty of stretching.
I'd forgotten how lovely it is to be out in the quiet of the morning, but give me a couple of weeks when the mornings are darker, colder and wetter and I might reassess my opinion.
So, day one of week one's training - done. Just another 29 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment