In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Monday 10 October 2011

Blown away - three times in one day!

I was up and out early again this morning for a training run, and the wind was blowing a gale. At times I felt like I was leaning 45 degrees into the wind just to make any headway, so although I only did a mile and a half I think it should actually count as 3!

I had a busy day at work and came home exhausted, so nearly didn't check my emails this evening...but am so glad that I did. There was a new email with 'Congratulations' in the title. It was from the Muscular Dystrophy Events team and the opening line read...

"Thank you for your application for the London Marathon. I am delighted to be able to offer you a place on our 2012 London Marathon team."

Much squealing followed! It's official - I'm in!
Not just in, but running for a charity that is very close to my heart, because my Dad had Muscular Dystrophy. If ever I need a reason to get up and out on cold winter mornings, this is it.

The rest of the evening has been taken up in setting up my Just Giving page (which you can visit at www.justgiving.com/jas-on-the-run-again ...and while you're there, you could make a quick donation!)
I'm also rather excited to have set up a 'donation by text' facility. By texting Jass73 followed by the amount you want to donate to 70070 you can help me raise funds really quickly and easily...and it's quite good fun, too!
We've had to try it out to make sure it works. I'm glad to say it does. Isn't technology clever?!
I'm intending to get it printed on the back of my running tops in the hope that people will take pity on the red-faced-huffing-and-puffing woman on her training runs and make a donation!

The third thing that blew me away today was when my youngest daughter called me up to her room - she'd tidied it without being asked! It's the first time we've seen the carpet since 2007. Now that really does make today a special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment