In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Friday 7 October 2011

Round the block

I should have had my annual asthma check up a month ago, but couldn't book the appointment because the doctors were installing a new computer system. Time went on, I didn't get round to making an appointment, and now I've run out of my preventer inhaler and my wheezing is increasing by the day. Not the best start to a training programme.
With this in mind, I've been doing circuits of our road so that I'm never too far from home.
I've got the day off work today because we've got tickets to 'Grand Designs Live' at the NEC, but instead of having a nice lie in I was up before 7am and out for my run.
This morning was decidedly colder than two days ago, but a couple of minutes into my run I'd warmed up nicely and was able to enjoy being out.
I found out yesterday about three more people that I know that have a place in the marathon, so there should be plenty of opportunities for training together. Very exciting, and much more fun than training alone...especially on the long runs.
So - the easy part of the day is out of the way - the run. Now comes the difficult bit - stopping hubby from spending our savings on things we don't need at the NEC!

No comments:

Post a Comment