In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Sunday 9 October 2011

Good company

Yesterday was a busy day, so I saved my weekend run for this morning.
Getting up and heading out early was made much easier because I had company...hubby volunteered to accompany me.
There had been a fair bit of rain overnight, so we were playing dodge the puddles - and dodge the slugs! Where do they come from? They are the size of house bricks, and double up as hurdles. It's a shame I didn't take a carrier bag out with me to collect them...they would have kept the chickens happy all week.
A good marker for effort is being able to hold a conversation while running. As I usually run alone, it's not a test I do often. (I get enough odd looks without talking to myself as well.) I'm glad to say that hubby and I managed to chat all the way round, and it really did make the time go quicker.
Now...what are the chances of him coming with me tomorrow morning? I'm going to say not good.
Anyone else free at 6.30am tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment