In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Quiet, please!

Hubby is now half way through his week in America, and I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. His absence has brought some unexpected bonuses - I get unrestricted access to the remote control, I don't keep finding windows open and there's no-one to kick me in the middle of the night - but I'm definitely missing him, and am looking forward to Saturday.
Unfortunately the weather here isn't the thirty degree Dallas heat that hubby is enjoying, so my morning run has involved long sleeves and a woolly hat.
Monday was a great run - I seemed to find a comfortable rhythm from the off and was disappointed when it was time to head back home.
This morning was a short but fast run. It was all I could manage, and I would have loved to stay in bed. (A neighbour's teenagers decided to have a party last night, and I wasn't able to get any sleep before 4am, so a 6.30am alarm call was the last thing I wanted to hear!) Please be impressed that I stuck to my schedule and still got up and went out. Dedication indeed.
At least tomorrow I get a lie in until 7am...Thursday's are 'rest days', so no running, no cross training, and hopefully no loud music through the walls. Now that sounds like a plan :o)

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you, keep up the great work you are doing. maybe in a couple of years time i just might join you, i can do a half marthon on my bike now but only on the flat lol.

    ReplyDelete