In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Sunday 23 October 2011

It's a small world

I was up even earlier than usual this morning to take hubby and a work colleague of his to the airport - they're off to America for a conference.
They tried to convince me on the way that it would be an intensive week of work, but both seemed very up to date with the latest weather forecast over there (30 degrees, but a little breezy, apparently). I'm also a little unsure of how a trip to the Dallas Cowboys Stadium will help achieve operational excellence, but it seems they're willing to include it in their itinerary just in case!
Having waved them off at the airport I drove home and went straight out for my long run. It was a lovely morning for it - bright, twelve degrees, with a light breeze to keep me cool. Half way round I received a text message from hubby - he'd bumped into friends of ours in the departure lounge and they're on the same flight as him to Newark. A small world indeed. From Newark they're heading to Florida while he flies to Dallas.
So - I've done the airport transport, two loads of washing, a long run and let the chickens out...all before quarter past eight.
Surely I deserve a cuppa?

No comments:

Post a Comment