In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Running and writing, and writing and procrastinating...

I usually run on a Monday morning, but I had to be in at work extra early for a server update yesterday so postponed my run until I got home...or at least that was the intention. I had 'one of those days' - if it could go wrong, it did...and then some - and by the time I got home it was dark and pouring with rain. I did the only sensible thing - kicked off my shoes, slumped in the chair and ordered pizza!
Today is my day off, and my plan was always to spend the day working on my finance assignment for my CMI course, so I got up early and went for a run with hubby in tow. It was decidedly chilly at half past six, but at least it was dry. We made good progress, picked up the speed a bit, and both felt a lot warmer and more awake on the return leg.
After stretching, feeding the dog and letting the chickens out (well - opening their door - they were still tucked up asleep on their perches!) I was back back in bed with a cup of tea by my side and my coursework open by 7.15am.
I've made reasonable progress through the morning, but seem to have hit a bit of a wall, so awarded myself a half hour break to make another cuppa and write my blog.
Now, what else needs doing...? Not that I'm procrastinating, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment