In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Thursday 24 November 2011

Hitting the right notes

It was a nice early start again today and I was out running by half past six.
I'd expected it to be quite chilly and had worn my very fetching woolly hat and gloves, but realised my error within a very short distance - it was actually rather mild and I was out in public looking needlessly ridiculous. At least it was still dark and there weren't many people around.
I headed out into the village, up the high street and then returned via the quieter back roads. The greengrocers was still in darkness when I ran past, but the tattoo parlour was fully lit and occupied. Quite why anyone would want a tattoo at that time in the morning I can only begin to imagine. Answers on a postcard...?
It was a quick and uneventful 2 mile run, and I was back and checking on the chickens before seven.
The chickens were a gift from friends a few weeks ago, and they are now at 'point of lay' which means we should be collecting eggs soon. Apparently their siblings have just started to lay, so ours are now on borrowed time...I've told them in no uncertain terms that if they don't start earning their keep soon they'll be in the pot. They didn't seem unduly bothered, so I may have to resort to waving oxo cubes at them tomorrow just to drive home the point.
To round off the day, we went to oldest daughter's school concert. There is some serious talent amongst the pupils, and the concerts are always a pleasure to attend and are well supported. I'm proud to say that oldest daughter played four flute pieces - two duets and two as part of a group ensemble. Marvelous.
Another good day, done.

No comments:

Post a Comment