In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Saturday 26 November 2011

A run that nearly wasn't a run

I didn't sleep too well last night and could so easily have stayed in bed all morning...or even all day!
I spent about an hour and a half weighing up if I should go for my long run or if I should postpone it until tomorrow.
I finally decided at half past eight that I should head out for a short run and see how I felt...if it seemed to be going ok I'd keep going, and if not I'd cut my losses and head home.
As is always the case, the 'thinking about it' was the hardest part, and as soon as I got going I was glad to be out.
The biggest downside of running this morning was the cold wind that I seemed to be running headlong into regardless of the direction that I took.
The biggest upside of running this morning was that I had plenty of time to mull some ideas over, and by the time I got home I'd not only clocked up a seven mile run but had also done some productive brainstorming.
As ever, a run in the morning sets me up well for the day, and I went on to tick off lots of grotty jobs that I know would have otherwise stayed on my 'to do' list.
Hoorah for productivity over procrastination today, and double hoorah for a guilt-free lie in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment