In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Sunday 20 November 2011

Season of mists

Going running this morning made me think of Keats 'mists and mellow fruitfulness' poem.

The mist was thick in the air and I felt like I was the only person out, simply because I couldn't see more than two foot around me in any direction. The drops of moisture sat on every surface and decorated all the cobwebs making everything feel Narnia-ish and beautiful.

But enough of all that fanciful talk - the air was wet, and within minutes of going out I was wet through to the skin and the dampness really played havoc with my asthma!

I took an old route that I haven't done for a while; from home I headed out onto the main road, down to the island at Longbridge, up the hill to the sorting office and then back down to home. A quick 3 miles that got me back home in time to clean the chickens out while everyone else was just waking up.

Unfortunately the chickens took rather a liking to the fluorescent stripes on my running trousers and gave my legs a good pecking. At least their beaky attention helped me to work quickly, and a rotten job was done in lightening speed.

I can't go without giving a big cheer of encouragement to my cousin, who has signed up to do the 'Three Peaks Challenge' next summer. It sounds like taking on a challenge runs in the family, and I hope he enjoys his training as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment