In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Monday 14 November 2011

A tale of two sandwiches

I didn't realise quite how hard I'd pushed myself on Saturday's run until yesterday - when I couldn't sit down very comfortably. It seems those hills gave my leg muscles a full workout.

This morning's run was a more sedate 'get the legs working again' run, and I was out and back within twenty minutes - not a bad thing, as there was quite a chill in the air that I wasn't prepared for.

Hubby has this week off, and will be spending today tackling the collapsed floor. The new joists are already in place, so just 30ish floor boards to be cut to size and screwed down.

Today and tomorrow I'm on my CMI course in Worcester. It's a great venue, and so far has been a brilliant course, so I'm looking forward to two days of intense learning in pleasant surroundings. The biggest challenge...the sandwich van within sniffing distance of where we work.

I've previously given in to the temptations of various combinations of bacon, egg, sausage and mushrooms on thick, soft, white bread. Unfortunately not even a two mile run this morning can counteract that kind of treat on a regular basis (especially when you factor in the odd trip to the chocolate vending machine) so today I'm leaving my purse at home and taking my own lunch.
Will my resolve last for both days of the course...? Hmm. Unlikely, methinks.






No comments:

Post a Comment