In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Tuesday 8 November 2011

A quick post about a quick run

Today is my day off, but I still got up at half past six to do my run. I knew if I didn't go out early I'd put it off all day, so the early start meant I was back in the warm by 7am.
It's really autumnal out there - misty, drizzly rain and a carpet of slippery leaves on the pavements and roads. That said, it wasn't cold, and it was a really pleasant run.
My left achilles has been a bit tight over the last few days so I've been doing lots of stretching, and I'm pleased to report that there were no problems while I was out.
So, run completed, three loads of washing done, vacuum put round, bathroom cleaned and downstairs tidied...and it's still only 10am.
Time to light a fire, make a cup of tea and settle down for an hour with my book. Lovely :o)

1 comment:

  1. Nice to get out this time of the year early I reckon - the air is really fresh...and you do feel better when you get in dont you...well done for getting all your jobs done on top too...well deserved brew and feet up in front of the fire...x

    ReplyDelete