In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Saturday 12 November 2011

A run in the park

I woke up feeling a little under the weather yesterday so didn't go out for my morning run. Fortunately we were busy at work which was a good distraction, but I was really glad to get home yesterday evening.
I had a six mile run scheduled for this weekend, and promised myself that if I felt better when I woke up this morning I would get up and go...and I'm pleased to say I did.
I headed out just after half past seven (no work today, so no need to get up too early), but had no route in mind. I fancied a change, so headed in the opposite direction to usual.
One uphill mile later I reached Cofton Park. It was a misty and damp morning, and the park had a very ghost-like feel. I skirted all the way round the edge of the park - which was quite wet underfoot after a night of heavy rain - and only came across one other jogger and two dogs out for a walk with their owner.
Although Cofton makes for a scenic run it's also hard work. The area is very hilly, and the climb back up to the main road was exhausting.
Fortunately the next mile was mostly downhill as I headed back towards home, but had only clocked up 5 miles as I reached my road.
I resisted the urge to sneak back home early and did another mile by heading out towards the village and then finally turning back towards home.
I was hoping to be greeted with a cuppa, but instead found the living room had been turned upside down and all the flooring in the bay window area had been removed. We knew the floor boards in that part of the room were a bit springy, but what we hadn't expected was to find that a combination of wet rot and woodworm had completely destroyed two joists.
Oh well. Time for a quick shower, make my own drink, and then on with the DIY.
At least I should sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment