In April 2011 I ran the London Marathon and raised £2600 for Asthma UK. It was a 'once in a lifetime' experience...or so I thought. Bravely (or stupidly) I'm doing it again, and this blog will chart my progress while I train for my second London Marathon. Come with me on my journey towards the big day. Here I go...again!

Saturday 5 November 2011

It's been a long week

This week has been incredibly busy, both at work and at home.
Friday was the deadline for my CMI project, so I spent every spare minute finishing it off - all 40 pages of it! On top of that, I was in Evesham on Wednesday to deliver some training, then rushed back to my own library for the 'Summer Reading Challenge' ceremony, where all the children who had read six books through the summer were presented with a certificate and medal.
At home, we've had the builders in. They've ripped out the old fireplace and installed a new log burner. It looks fabulous, but we've now got the job of redecorating the room (including replacing a rotten joist, putting new skirting boards on and all the usual painting and decorating).
I guess what I'm trying to say is I've been a bit too busy to do all my runs in the week. I know...I shouldn't make excuses, but I am!
Anyway, the project was handed in yesterday and the builders have gone, so I promised myself that I'd be up and out early for a run before work today, so at 6.25am when the alarm went off I didn't dare press snooze.
Sadly it wasn't an easy run; my legs felt like concrete for the first couple of miles but I was determined to keep going.
I only ever take water with me if I'm going further than five miles, but really wished I'd taken some along today. I was so thirsty after three miles that even the puddles at the side of the road looked tempting (you'll be pleased to know that I resisted the urge and waited until I got home!)
Anyway - long run done for the weekend. I'm now sat at work on my lunch break, half way through the day, and am glad I made the effort to go out.
Best of all, a long run this morning means I get a lie in tomorrow. Hoorah!
Happy weekend, everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment